Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Can we finally kill this comps stuff please?

Please no! AppStream is no suitable replacement, due to limitations both of
the spec and of its implementation in Fedora. E.g., where are the -devel
packages in Fedora AppStream metadata? They are in comps. There are more
such limitations. In addition, AppStream does or will also include non-RPM
artefacts, which is not necessarily what the user wants.

I really like dnfdragora, which allows browsing comps groups and RPMs,
without any of this newfangled AppStream, Flatpak, etc. stuff.

        Kevin Kofler