Thank you for the extensive explanation!
> TL;DR: I do not expect you to see any silent data corruption if
> anything goes wrong, you should know.

Ok, at the end of each day I will give a look to "dmesg", just to be
sure that everything went fine.
I will also check for firmware updates before starting the tests.

A few questions/statements:
1) is it okay to run the tests with the power cord plugged? Or do I need
to use battery in order to trigger such kind of power saving features?
2) In your guide you specified "[...] on a clean Fedora". I actually
cannot run a new Fedora installation on my SSDs, but I haven't messed up
with any kind of strange powersaving features, so it should be fine to
use my regular Fedora installation for the tests. Do you confirm? To be
sure, I will attach to test results e-mail, also:
- /etc/fstab
- /proc/cmdline
- # lshw
3) Since in these days I am not using much the Thinkpads, I think I will
run Phoronix suite in order to simulate machine activity
Among all Phoronix test suite tests, If you think that there are some
that best fit your case, please let me know. To read a list of disk
oriented benchmarks, you can do:
# dnf install phoronix-test-suite
$ phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests | grep Disk

Best regards