On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net> wrote:
On what grounds?  There is nothing in the Fedora guidelines that makes
package maintainers beholden to third-party (by definition, not part of
Fedora) repos.  There's nothing for FESCo to vote on, unless you are
going to propose that change.

OK, I'll bite. The grounds are that FESCo has granted the WG full control over the Workstation product, and the kernel package is part of that product. Although I can't speak for the entire WG today, I would be fairly astounded if the WG were to choose to allow kernel updates to break Negativo users after having identified Negativo as a strategic priority and advertised it as supported. So if a kernel update goes out that breaks Negativo users, I would expect a policy to delay future kernel upgrades until Negativo has been tested and confirmed to be working. Since that would be controversial, someone would surely appeal to FESCo. Probably easier for everyone to take it straight to FESCo, right?

But again, if there is already a technical solution (a fallback to noveau) in place and working, as I suspect (would be really nice if somebody could confirm that!) then it doesn't matter.

Michael