On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM,  <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
> Oh boy. :)
>
> Does anyone know if the fallback is working properly? Because if so, then
> everyone is happy and we don't need to be having this discussion. Sounds
> like there's a good chance that's the case. (I don't have an nvidia card to
> test myself.)

If fallback is not working I would say that is the responsibility of
the Workstation product to deal with and test on each kernel cycle to
ensure that it is because "Negativo support is important for product
strategy.". It's no different for any of the other groups that depend
on the kernel. I know that the architecture working groups spend a
reasonable amount of time each cycle to ensure that there's no
regressions on their architectures for the new kernels. Given that
4.13 is going to be the release kernel for F-27 and that has been
known for some time I'm kind of surprised that this is a surprise at
all as I kind of figured you'd have wanted it working on the latest
shiny GNOME by now.... the fact it's taken this long to be picked up
tells me that people care less than the rhetoric