Hello all!

I seek advice how to proceed with following situation.

There is new package for f27 - java-9-openjdk.

It have been first built some two or three months ago. For f27. Before it was available in copr repository. When it was first built for f27 (and in meantime also for f26, but never left (intentionally) testing) it was lacking one major promise - to move config files to /etc
This was developed in rawhide in last two weeks, and now backported to f27.

The issue is, RPM do not like change of directory to symlink which is exactly what happened, and dies with cpio error.

My intention was to let it be. Java9 is techpreview, and was only seen in f26 in testing and in f27beta. So I was hiding behind "never released before" . For that reason I wonted to negotiate f27 final blocker before the package with config files in /etc reach stable for f27.

Anyway, what are general thoughts?

J.

--
Jiri Vanek
Senior QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.