I don't have enough information for a proper bug report yet, but I observed
the following:

I installed firefox 57 from u-t yesterday on a freshly installed F27 box, and
hooked
it up to my sync account. On a second machine, I have
firefox-56.0-2.fc26.x86_64.
After setting up sync on the new install, firefox started using 100%
CPU. I let it run for 2-3h, then restarted it, and this continued. The sync
spinner
was spinning constantly. I tried to fiddle with the checkboxes which specify
what
to sync, and at some point sync finished and the CPU usage returned to normal.

But then the firefox on the other machine started hogging the CPU and
syncing without end and even crashed, which normally doesn't happen.
Dunno, maybe there's some incompatibility between FF56 and FF57.

Zbyszek