On 16 October 2017 at 10:00, Martin Stransky <stran...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2017 03:58 PM, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Alexander Ploumistos <
>> alex.ploumis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Now that FESCo has ruled that "firefox 57beta is removed from f25/f26
>>> updates-testing but stays in f27/rawhide", could we at least keep
>>> getting new builds in koji for f25/f26? Judging by the feedback in
>>> bodhi, the various threads here, rhbz and FESCo tickets, there is a
>>> number of users who don't mind sticking with Firefox 57. Going back to
>>> v56 would entail undoing a number of changes and dealing with possible
>>> breakages, only to repeat the whole process in about a month. By the
>>> way, beta 8 was released on Friday.
>>>

>> I don't see why not, but that is up to the maintainer.  The issue wasn't
>> the testing.  It was the use
>> of the updates-testing process for something that wasn't intended to be
>> pushed to stable.
>>

> Sure, out of box thinking is not expected here and Vogons could take
> lessons from our council members ;-)
>
> ma.
>
> p.s.: please no offense here.

Side note... saying something that "could be" offensive and relies on a
particular sense of humor and then adding a P.S. of "no offense" is not
generally well looked upon ...

Have you built it in a COPR instead yet?

If need be I don't mind tracking your commits in F27/master and maintaining
a temporary COPR for F25/F26 users.

Of course we'll need to get the message out on compatibility stuff when it
does go to F26/F25 repos eventually ... I'd suggest a Fedora Magazine
article highlighting the situation? We could even do one early highlighting
the COPR if you'd like some early F26 FF57 testing results?

I'd be happy to propose the article to the Fedora Magazine editorial board
and write it up if that's helpful.