On 11/21/2017 04:12 PM, David Tardon wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 01:54:13PM +0000, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
On 21 November 2017 at 10:43, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobr...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

On Tue, 2017-11-21 at 10:26 +0000, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
So is it any final decision about start use by default --as-needed in
linker options?

Can you link Change Proposal you (or someone else) submitted? I have not heard
anything about that.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/3

[..]
In my opinion number of affected packages will be very low (few).

Counting numbers of affected packages by guessing is very bad idea.

Call it educated guess if you want.

You know, there is a way to get more reliable data: do scratch builds of
all Fedora packages and analyze the results. Then we'd know _exactly_
how many packages would need to be patched.

...depending on how thoroughly the analysis is done, as the breakage caused by an erroneous --as-needed might, at least in principle, only happen at runtime, rather than at build time.