Steve Dickson wrote:
> Where committed to the master branch and not to any other
> branch make the maintenance of those branches a pain
> because I can no longer cherry-pick between branches.
> I have to make multiple commits to multiple branches
> which sucks... Something random people do not understand!

Huh? Normally, just committing to the master branch is the right thing to do
for such cleanups. The other branches will either get the changes when I
fast-forward-merge master into them (remember that you should always work in
Rawhide first), or I don't merge and they don't get the changes, which is
typically fine too for this kind of cosmetic cleanups.

Committing the changes to all branches separately is exactly what I DON'T
want provenpackagers to do because that would break fast-forward
mergeability (and fixing that is painful and will pollute the history with
several merge commits: I have to merge master into the branch, and then
fast-forward-merge the branch back into master, which pollutes all branches
including the master with one merge commit per branch). I always curse at
rel-eng when they do a mass rebuild in a branch, bumping the branch directly
with their scripts instead of merging from master.

I don't understand what kind of workflow you use that makes you want cleanup
commits to be done on each and every branch.

        Kevin Kofler