David Sommerseth wrote:
> I doubt Koji was primarily built for "does this work?"-builds.  It exists
> to build proper packages targeting Fedora repositories.

But that is the point, to build a proper package:

do {
  try build;
} while (!build succeeded);

and the output is a working package.

> To me this is backwards and is lacking some logic.  If you push things
> which does not build properly, you also waste a build.

That is a build attempt that would have had to happen anyway. Otherwise, how
do I know that it doesn't build.

The point is, the above optimized loop needs n build attempts. What you
propose doing needs n+1 build attempts to get the exact same package.

        Kevin Kofler