On Thu, 31 May 2018 12:23:35 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on improving the Fedora boot experience, with the
> end goal being a user pressing the on button and then going
> to the graphical login manager without him seeing any
> text messages / menus filled with technical jargon.

I *like* seeing all the stuff flow by, and I boot into multi-user
before starting the graphical user interface.  I like seeing what is
going on under the hood.  Will I still be able to do this?  Or will I
have to hack the install after it is done?

Saying this is an improvement is a value judgement.  I agree that many
people might consider this an improvement, but not all.

What is the rationale for doing it?  Imitation of Mac or Windows?
Trying to make it easier for users of Mac or Windows to switch to
Fedora?  What about existing users?  Is it just assumed that they want
this improvement?

It seems clear to me that this change will happen.  I'm just trying to
get you to consider it from different perspectives, to implement it in
such a way that those who don't consider it an improvement have an easy
way to revert to prior behavior.