On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 12:43 +0200, Jan Kurik wrote:
> = Proposed System Wide Change: Hide the grub menu =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/HiddenGrubMenu

We (QA) would like to note that the "How to test" section of this
Change seems heavily under-developed:

"1. Install Fedora in a fresh vm or select reclaim diskspace -> delete
all in the installer (od a single os install).
2. Boot the system the grub menu should not show
3. (Re)boot press F8 repeatedly when the firmware / vendor logo shows,
you should now get the grub menu"

I mean, that doesn't even consider testing that the change is *not*
applied when doing a "multi OS" install, which is explicitly part of
the Change. As a *bare minimum*, that needs to be covered.

It also doesn't cover other situations. One brought up at our QA
meeting was - what happens if you install Fedora first and then another
Linux distribution second?

The Change as a whole doesn't seem to consider what should happen in
this case, which seems like an omission; obviously if there *is* an
expected outcome in this case, the "How to test" section should cover
testing it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey