On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:22 AM, John Florian <jflor...@doubledog.org>
wrote:

> On 2018-09-05 13:41, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>
> I would recommend you check out qmmp.  It's light weight, runs with qt5
> and does what it sets out to do, which is be a flexible, lightweight music
> player that runs on qt5, supports skins, has many good plugins for extra
> features, supports tagged and folder based album covers, etc.
>
> There is a thread here:  bit.ly/2M2JgnE - where players are discussed.
>
> qmmp has been has been actively maintained since it first come out in 2007.
>
> The current release is 1.2.3 which was released July 20th, 2018.
>

> That's good to know, thanks!  It does look like it could do the job for
> me.  I hope to continue to use clementine, if possible but qmmp looks quite
> solid for the basics -- at least once I got rid of that dreaded default
> interface.  Count me in the same category as Rex Dieter of finding it way
> too small and I don't know I would have found the setting buried in the
> plugins had you not pointed it out in that thread.  I do have to say, I
> like the plugin nature though.  Kind of reminds of the old firefox that was
> pure and small; add only the bloat you need.  I haven't tried to do any tag
> editing with it yet, but it appears to be there.  My biggest miss would be
> dynamic playlists where I could create some pretty crazy schemes for what I
> wanted to hear (or not hear).  I also prefer my "random" music pre-shuffled
> so I can see what's coming up and what's behind me.  (I honestly own so
> much music sometimes I don't know who just played.)

The default interface for qmmp is based upon winamp, and it's setup to
easily use a vast number of available winamp skins.  Some people like it,
some people don't.  I prefer the simple interface, but it is fun to play
with the skinned interface (winamp) from time to time.  Some are hard to
read, others are not.

I see from your next reply you found the edit/randomize, shuffle, etc.

There is also a History plugin, you might wish to activate.  In addition,
there is a track actions plugin you might be interested in.

Also, of course, if you have a suggestion, request, problem etc. give the
project feedback.

For further discussion about qmmp, please use the kde mailing list.

Thanks!