Jan,

I do not recall this all the same way, but no matter, that was months ago, a long development tunnel away.

The thing which is failing today is a brittle and dangerous rpm macro aliasing code that was added against my best technical advice. Sound advice as we see now. And I had honestly forgotten about it. It serves absolutely no technical purpose, it is buried inside an unrelated macro, and it is not documented anywhere¹.

All the blame games in the world won't change where the technical failure is.

So what do you want me to do now? Fix this aliasing code? That requires rewriting it. The way it was written it can not keep working reliably with or without redhat-rpm-config changes.

Rewrite it just so gosetup calls can be removed from Fedora specs? I'd rather write the script to remove the problem calls directly.

Rewrite it so removal can be postponed indefinitely via endless vetos by you or Jakub? That makes me the effective maintainer of code I have no use for and disagree with.

I'm the one doing the work here. I'd appreciate if it was taken in account sometimes.

Regards,

¹ Neither on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/More_Go_packaging, nor on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Go, nor in the macro files themselves.

--
Nicolas Mailhot