On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 3:35 PM Jaroslav Mracek <jmra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> There was an announcement of release libsolv-0.7.0 ([HEADS UP] libsolv 0.7)
> into rawhide, but the rebase also ended up in stable branches of Fedora 28
> and 29. This release could affect not only libsolv users, but also libdnf,
> PackageKit, microdnf, or dnf related applications.
> I would like to ask everyone for intensive testing and reporting any issues
> concerning the rebase.

How did this this happen? It's kind of strange that people weren't
aware this was happening, what is some auto "git merge master"
mistake. It's a fairly big problem to "accidentally" rebase to a major
new release and not realise it was happening, especially on something
so core as core updates infrastructure. What sort of things are you
going to put in place to ensure random rebases don't just happen
again?

Peter