On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:47:42PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 14. 11. 18 v 0:36 Matthew Miller napsal(a):
> > I'd love to change these things. To do that, we need
> > something that lasts for 36-48 months.
>
> So that means we will be supporting something like Fedora 23 nowadays. That
> is Firefox 41, mock 1.2, dnf 1.1.3, ruby
> 2.2. systemd 222, kernel 4.2.3, qemu 2.4 ...
>
> Will this be useful for users? Or we will be hit by requests to rebase to a
> newer version? To backport some bugfix or
> feature?
>
> I can imagine having LTS Fedora version which will be released every three
> years, but *only if* we state that only
> security issues will be fixed there - and even that will be hard packages
> like Firefox. And we strongly *enforce* no
> rebases in this version.

Enforcing "no rebases" would actually make a long life Fedora *worse* than
RHEL in places. For example, RHEL rebases libvirt and qemu[1] is almost every
minor update.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] Might no be obvious to some as there's actually 2 distinct QEMU RPMs
    shipped, one never rebases & one always rebases.