On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:12:11 +0100, you wrote:

>We, as a distro, just take a different approach.
>To be bleeding edge requires to have releases often.

Such a bleeding edge distro that it took 4 years for Swift to arrive,
or still trying to get rid of Python 2.

Regardless of what we think Fedora is or isn't, a look outside of
Fedora shows an overall Linux community that appears to be
increasingly ignoring Fedora.

Part of this discussion needs to be around the combined issues of
getting more maintainers and getting more users.

My feeling is part of the solution is to move to a yearly release
cycle.  Unlike the early days of Fedora things just aren't changing as
quick in terms of the base of the OS - hardware support in the kernel
is generally excellent, and both Gnome and KDE (and likely the others)
are mature environments that while they improve with each release
there isn't generally anything that says a 6 month wait would be
unbearable - and consideration should also be done to the track record
that given the overall stability of those desktops that upgrades can
likely be done safely mid-Fedora-release.

So perhaps then you go with 2 effective releases of Fedora - a one
year release, and a 3 year release.  You get the benefits for those
that need it of a LTS style product, reduce the upgrade churn that is
putting off some prospective users.  Won't satisfy everyone but it may
be an improvement.

Anything that really can't wait for a next release could be
temporarily thrown into COPR, with perhaps a feature that at the next
major release the COPR repository automatically gets removed as the
package is now available from the main Fedora repository.