Am Donnerstag, den 10.01.2019, 23:34 +0100 schrieb Miro Hrončok:
> On 02. 01. 19 22:14, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FullyRemoveDeprecatedAndUnsafeFunctionsFromLibcrypt
> >
> > == Summary ==
> > This change is about removing binary support for deprecated and
> > unsafe
> > functions and bumping libcrypt.so to libcrypt.so.2.
> >
> > == Owner ==
> > * Name: [[User:besser82 | Björn Esser]] <besse...@fedoraproject.org>
> >
> > == Detailed Description ==
> > In Fedora 28 we replaced glibc's libcrypt with the fully binary
> > compatible libcrypt library from the external libxcrypt project.
> > There are certain interfaces (encrypt, encrypt_r, setkey, setkey_r)
> > that are mandatory by POSIX or various other standards.
>
> Any chance you would have this ready in some copr?
> I'd like to test if Python builds and passes the tests, the
> replacement in F28
> wasn't without problems IIRC.

A COPR with builds of bumped libxcrypt so-name and all recently
supported versions of Python is here [1].

The problems in F28 were about `crypt(3)` not being prototyped in
`unistd.h` anymore.  This change doesn't touch any includes or similar
stuff, so I do not expect any fallout.

[1]  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/besser82/xcrypt_soname/