On 12/02/2019 11:46, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:56 AM Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:
Java and everything java related (like ant) is now modular only
and has been orphaned in the non-modular rawhide.

That's totally not true. There are about 1.4k source Java packages,
but there are less that 200 modular Java source packages. Notably,
OpenJDK, Tomcat, Eclipse, Wildfly, Jenkins packages are not modular.
Moreover, all modular Java packages also have non-modular versions.
Only 260 out of ~1.4 Java packages are orphaned. Other packages still
have owners.

Apologies if I got it wrong - that as based on my memory of an
announcement from some time ago combined with key components like
any having been orphaned.

On the other hand while it may currently be true that all modular
java packages have non-modular versions that won't be true in a
few weeks when this round of retirements happen right? At least
unless somebody picks up the orphans as I see has now happened
for some key things.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)