On 3/25/2019 5:12 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Fedora is so different from other GNU/Linux systems these days, so I'm
not sure if *any* recommendation to encourage portability (at the cost
of convenience to Fedora developers or users) makes sense anymore.

If this is true (and I'm not saying I disagree), then it feels like it's high time that "Fedora" (as indicated) be spun towards something distinctly and clearly /downstream/ from a process that *does* encourage portability, so that Red Hat ecosystem users with those desires in mind have a place to attempt to manifest them.

-jc