On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 06:19:14PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 8:38 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I made the mistake of editing my grubenv while converting my system from
> > BIOS to UEFI.
> >
> > I have since manually used grub2-editenv successfully but I still get
> > "grub2-editenv: error: environment block too small." on kernel upgrades.
> > I've even tried manually re-padding the file with # to get to 1024 bytes.
> >
> > I have also filed and issue upstream that grub2-editenv is too fragile. It
> > should be able to automatically re-pad the file to 1024 bytes.
> >
> > How do I "fix" this?
>
> # ls -ls /boot/grub2
> total 4
> 4 lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 25 Apr 18 11:34 grubenv -> ../efi/EFI/fedora/grubenv
>
> It's actually a symlink on both BIOS and UEFI. This file will be on
> the /boot volume (typically ext4) on BIOS systems, and it will be on
> the EFI System partition (FAT16 if anaconda creates it) on UEFI.

  This part is really counter-intuitive. Using “EFI” in path on BIOS
system made me waste some time when I was recovering my system after
f29→f30 system upgrade.
  (the problem turned out to be translation from grub2.cfg to BLS
  removing all important rd.luks.uuid= entries from kernel cmdline).

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|