On 16. 07. 19 19:25, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Miro Hrončok wrote:
$ repoquery --repo=rawhide --source --whatrequires
python-unversioned-command --exact
$ repoquery --repo=rawhide-source --whatrequires
python-unversioned-command --exact

The whole point of python-unversioned-command was to make existing packages
build with no changes to their source code. This change completely defeats
the purpose of that package and makes it entirely useless.

The while point of python-unversioned-command was to identify and explicitly mark packages that need /usr/bin/python. Possibly fix the most of them.

I don't quite understand what you say was the point of python-unversioned-command. I fail to see why do you lecture me on the purpose of a thing I've created. But maybe you care to explian into more detail? Could you explain the point of python-unversioned-command in more detail?

IMHo This change builds on top of the purpose of python-unversioned-command and finishes what was started when we introduced it.

At the very least, we need a python2-unversioned-command (and
python-unversioned-command in existing releases needs to Provide it so that
we don't have to add yet another %if boilerplate snippet) so the packages
can keep building as intended by upstream.

No we don't.

--
Miro Hrončok