On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 23:47 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> > Likewise, in the above fragment, both nirik and I were discussing the
> > DebugPythonStacks feature, whereas mclasen and adamw were talking about
> > systemd, I believe.
>
> David, thanks for the clarifications! Much appreciated!
>
> Matthew, I think you need to choose your examples more
> carefully. This is funny. ;-)

I really don't want to get drawn into this, but here goes...

>From my recollection of Matthew's email (I've already deleted most of
this thread), it looked like he took care to isolate those
PythonDebugStacks parts of the discussion from the parts discussing
systemd, and that he had highlighted other parts of the discussion that
_did_ pertain to systemd.

But I could be misremembering; in any case, please give Matthew the
benefit of the doubt here.

With my former "QA architect" hat on: please do have a test day for
systemd, and try to cover a broad range of different uses and use cases:
with a change this deep, it's the things you're not expecting that cause
the "interesting" problems, alas.  I think a test day should also help
identify what experienced Fedora users expect from their services
framework, and ameliorate some communication difficulties here (in
particular, catering to the sysadmin persona - you do use personae in
your designs, right?).  The "mere" act of writing test cases for a piece
of software often turns up interesting issues to do with what the scope
of a project is, and differences in expectation between different
stakeholders.

(This thread is already too long, though)

Hope this is helpful.
Dave