On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:50:49 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> A somewhat related feature that was rejected by FESCo
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SecurityPolicyInTheInstaller
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/196666.html

Security policies aren't related to the firewall, though they may include
changes to the firewall (and blacklisting packages, etc). That's something
much better suited for RHEL and CentOS though. Firewalls are useful
everywhere.

> Again, hyperbole, that cannot be taken seriously, because it does not
> withstand even a little bit of scrutiny.

I must disagree, as it does stand up to scrutiny.

> I'm recently a member on the Workstation working group, I know the
> members on it. The reason why everyone is on it is because they care
> very much about, and respect the community immensely, and demonstrate
> it with deliberation and significant effort.

That's fantastic, and that's why we want to work with the WG to fix this issue
with the product. We all want to make things better for the community.

> It's not good enough to just say things forcefully and expect that
> people will agree as if you're a hammer, and they're a nail. You have
> to work harder than you are working, if your goal really is to be
> persuasive.

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the security concerns with having a wide
open firewall by default.

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <joh...@splentity.com>
Splentity