On 05. 10. 19 2:16, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Miro Hrončok wrote:
It goes like this:

   - master and f31 are at the same commit "aaaaaa"
   - I push a change only possible in rawhide, commit "bbbbbb" to master
     (it includes release bump and changelog entry)
   - a commit relevant for both, "cccccc" is pushed to master
     (it includes release bump and changelog entry)
   - on f31, I run `git cherry-pick cccccc` => conflict

I don't worry about having "Fedora 31 mass rebuild" or "Rebuilt for python
3.8" changelong entries in Fedora 29 (it gives me a little flinch, but
nothing serious). i worry about the bbbbbb commit I cannot merge into f31
(e.g. if it implements some Fedora 32 change).

Then obviously, people start inventing %if spaghetti.
And %if is actually the correct fix for this issue.

See, e.g., the one I had to add to qt5-qtwebengine after you broke it for
F29 with your mass change:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt5-qtwebengine/c/05a52d121d49972989aea8127e22e25f0292333c?branch=master

Your example is not valid. This is not a mass change, this was an individual change presented to the package maintainers via a PR that was not merged by me:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt5-qtwebengine/pull-request/3

Had there been a "please, make it build on F29" comment, I would have adapted
it.

--
Miro Hrončok