Matthew Miller wrote:
> Upgrades need to work, though. And they need to work regardless of whether
> we ban default modules or not. So, given that, I'm not _really_ seeing big
> differences in practice for the user beteen these two proposals, and the
> one (no default streams) negates one of the whole intended advantages of
> the entire thing.
>
> What am I missing?

I don't see how requiring a non-modular default version negates a central
advantage of Modularity. You can still offer all the versions of your module
and get all the benefits of Modularity. You just cannot force the module
onto all users, because that turned out to be causing many more problems
than it solves.

        Kevin Kofler