On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:16:06 PM MST Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 11:42:33AM -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:

> > > As noted upthread, this policy was approved by the Fedora Council and
> > > definitely passed through Fedora Legal.
> > >
> > > I understand that some folks disagree, but I don't think re-litigating
> > > it at this point is very productive unless there's some new information
> > > that has come to light.
> > >
> > > kevin
> >
> > I can't see where recommending *proprietary* software was approved, only
> > third party software.
>
> proprietary software is a subset of third party software right?
>
> One of the early drivers of this discussion as I recall was chrome,
> which is definitely a third party software that is also proprietary.
>
> Anyhow, I guess if the workstation working group hasn't answered things
> to your satisfaction, you're welcome to open a council ticket and ask
> them to clarify.
>
> kevin

Proprietary software is certainly a subset of third party software, however,
please read the Workstation group's own page about third party software.
According to that documentation, the Workstation group itself or FESCo is
meant to approve it before it is allowed, and it may require Fedora Legal
sign-off, as it may present considerable risk.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity