Paul W. Frields wrote:
> My hunch is that a couple thousand a week are probably due to cable
> modems or laptops moving to addresses we simply haven't seen before.
> That's about how many new IPs appear for Fedora 7 or Rawhide each
> week.  But there's just no way to tell cause other than hunches.  The
> folks who hang out in IRC #fedora as well as users@ list susbscribers
> can confirm people show up pretty frequently with newly-installed EOL
> Fedora.

We probably need to attack this trend more aggressively, like putting
expiration dates into the installer after which it'll just refuse to
install, stuffing fedora-release-n+1 into the Fedora n updates repository at
Fedora n's EOL date etc.

It is completely unresponsible to install obsolete releases which don't get
security updates anymore, and some people just won't listen.

        Kevin Kofler