John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> To clarify a bit, the most common method of extracting a key from a TPM
> has been to simply desolder the TPM from the system and solder it onto
> another system. This works with the popular implementations.

Surely that is not a process that you want to advertise to end users!

I stay by what I wrote: a TPM, or anything with the same security model, is
not an acceptable place for a LUKS key token. Either use a plain keyfile on
a removable USB mass storage stick, or if that does not provide acceptable
security in your setup, find another solution (such as a passphrase).

        Kevin Kofler