I'm +1.

The oldest laptops I have experience with are HP 4520s and Lenovo X201i, both
from 2010, both support USB boot.

Two biggest online stores in Czechia:
- CZC.cz lists 1422 laptops without optical drive, 128 with.
- Alza.cz lists 2223 without optical drive filter, 138 with.

Every autumn, we do Fedora Installfest and I don't even think we met someone
with a laptop that doesn't support USB boot.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Miro HronĨok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Juts a random idea, not very thought-out:
>
> Could we keep optical media bugs reported by users as blocking, but not
> require
> it during validation testing?
>

> aka: Fedora QE would no longer have to verify optical media works.
> but: If a tester finds an optical media  bug, it is still blocking.

Well, not ideal, but if this should be the middle ground we agree on,
I'd be okay with it.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 5:36 AM John M. Harris Jr <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, December 15, 2019 9:03:06 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_32_Final_Release_Criteria#OS_X_dual_boot
>
> Thank you, I'll see if anyone actually tests that, and see if we can get a
> Change proposal to drop that requirement if not.

I'm the one who usually does it [1][3][4][5], sometimes it is cmurf [2].

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_27_RC_1.2_Installation#Fedora_Media_Writer
[2]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_28_RC_1.1_Installation#Fedora_Media_Writer