On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, 19:25 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > The dep was provided by non-ntk, which got retired about half a year
> > ago [1] after FTBFSing since F29 [2].
>
> <SARCASM>Isn't it great</SARCASM> when the policy designed to remove
> breakage from the distribution actually CREATES breakage? Retiring
> packages
> with no regards to their reverse dependencies is just broken. It had never
> been done that way in the past, before Miro's recent crackdown, because it
> simply defeats all common sense.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Kevin, I agree with you on some topics, but please stop spreading FUD like
this. The maintainers got notifications for *four months* before the
package was retired, and obviously ignored them. Another 5 months passed
without somebody posting this message to the devel list, and nobody
unretired the package during that time. I'd say good riddance to broken and
unmaintained packages like this one.

Don't blame Miro for doing the necessary things, just because you don't
like the process. We have asked you multiple times to suggest a policy that
works for you too, but you haven't done that, instead you only insulted
community members.

Fabio