On 27.08.2010 19:56, Mark Chappell wrote:
> On 27/08/2010, Mark Chappell<trem...@tremble.org.uk>  wrote:
>> On 27/08/2010, Chuck Anderson<c...@wpi.edu>  wrote:
>>> NM can use old style /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*.  Can't
>>> you just write those out from your %post section?
>>
>> Those would be the old school files I was referring to, I hadn't found
>> the NH-rh plugin, but as long as the RH network init script exists why
>> would I want to use NM to start them rather than the RH script once
>> started I don't want any of the other NM functions.
>
> I should point out that if NM gained a CLI so that I could do
> something like that then I wouldn't mind the old RH scripts going
> away, all I want is *a* method that I can automate easily, NM
> currently only has a bit of a hack to do this.

And another problem, at least here and in my eyes :).

[r...@hostname ~]# yum install NetworkManager

<blah>
Dependencies Resolved

Installing:
  NetworkManager
Installing for dependencies:
  ConsoleKit
  ConsoleKit-libs
  ModemManager
  NetworkManager-glib
  avahi-autoipd
  dnsmasq
  eggdbus
  libgudev1
  libpcap
  mobile-broadband-provider-info
  polkit
  ppp wpa_supplicant

Transaction Summary
Install      14 Package(s)

Total download size: 2.7 M
Installed size: 9.3 M
Is this ok [y/N]: No thanks

I don't understand yet, why I need a avahi-daemon working by default. Oh
yes: avahi <- cups <- samba, but why working.

Glandvador