On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 12:24 AM Bill Chatfield via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > As has been discussed time and time again on this mailing list, the last
> > member of the Java SIG left it at the end of 2018, leaving the group emptIy.

> I'd be willing to work on that if I can figure out how to recreate the group.
> Can you point me in the right direction?

I think you'll be interested to read this post I wrote two months ago:
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/whats-the-state-of-the-java-sig/11714

The problem is that almost none (between zero and one) of the original
Java package maintainers in fedora are still actively maintaining any
Java packages. Most have either just left, or have jumped ship for the
shiny new world of Modularity, leaving users out in the rain.

Since early 2019, there's been an ongoing effort to try to keep things
from exploding, led by the Stewardship SIG, but it's not a permanent
solution, since it's not a replacement for "real" maintainers for Java
packages.

TL;DR: We've been trying to keep things working as best as we can -
but with severely limited manpower, it's basically maintenance on a
best-effort basis for almost the entire Java stack.

Fabio