On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 16:56, Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 15:56 +0100, Clement Verna wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 15:23 Julen Landa Alustiza <
> jla...@fedoraproject.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > (snip)
> > >
> > > 20/1/29 14:49(e)an, Clement Verna igorleak idatzi zuen:
> look at
> > > >

> > > Do we *really* *really* need to compete with other full featured git
> > > forges on features? The ODF says that this is one of the problem. Well,
> > > imo we don't *really* *really* need to compete with them.
> > >

> > It depends on the use case, doing development work projects hosted on
> > pagure.io is not great in my opinion. In particular working with pull
> > requests.
>
> > In terms of issue trackers, it is missing the ability to visualize issues
> > in a board for example.
> > Again this my opinion and maybe these are maybe not *really* *really*
> > needed.
>
> I think it depends on the size and scope of your project a bit. I do
> find Pagure.io a pretty good host of the projects I have there, as
> they're fairly small. But then, an open source (non-enterprise edition)
> Gitlab instance would work fine for them too.

Yes I agree with you, Pagure does a good job with small size project. It is
also easy deploy and self host. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread
my main real complain with Pagure is that we have to invest time to develop
it and maintain it. I would be very happy to use it, if it was developed
and maintained by someone else :-)

> > > Actually we already have the features that we *really* *really* need.
> > > Otherwise we could not release fedora using pagure as we are using,
> > > could we? :)
> > >

> > I personally don't think we can release Fedora without people across the
> > project doing heroics and a crazy amount of hours which seems to have
> > become a norm rather than an exception.
>
> When that happens it doesn't normally involve Pagure much, though. And
> I don't think even an amazing git forge would actually go a long way to
> solving the main issues there.

It is not about the git forge itself it is about how and on what we spend
the little resources we have. If as a community we are all happy to invest
this time on developing and maintaining a git forge that's all fine with
me. But as said earlier we have not invested much in Pagure for more than a
year, that allowed us to put a lot of effort and focus on Bodhi to add
support for rawhide including people being able to use side-tag in rawhide
now. Should we continue like that and feature freeze Pagure ? or do we
invest in Pagure instead of other work that need to be done ? Do we switch
to another forge, knowing that it will require a LOT of initial effort to
migrate ? I honestly don't know what is the correct answer :-)