On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 15:56 +0100, Clement Verna wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 15:23 Julen Landa Alustiza <jla...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>
> > (snip)
> >
> > 20/1/29 14:49(e)an, Clement Verna igorleak idatzi zuen:
> > > To me that's the all point of this
> > > process, let's put down what we *really* *really* need and  then look at
> > > the different options.
> > >

> > Do we *really* *really* need to compete with other full featured git
> > forges on features? The ODF says that this is one of the problem. Well,
> > imo we don't *really* *really* need to compete with them.
> >

> It depends on the use case, doing development work projects hosted on
> pagure.io is not great in my opinion. In particular working with pull
> requests.

> In terms of issue trackers, it is missing the ability to visualize issues
> in a board for example.
> Again this my opinion and maybe these are maybe not *really* *really*
> needed.

I think it depends on the size and scope of your project a bit. I do
find Pagure.io a pretty good host of the projects I have there, as
they're fairly small. But then, an open source (non-enterprise edition)
Gitlab instance would work fine for them too.

> > Actually we already have the features that we *really* *really* need.
> > Otherwise we could not release fedora using pagure as we are using,
> > could we? :)
> >

> I personally don't think we can release Fedora without people across the
> project doing heroics and a crazy amount of hours which seems to have
> become a norm rather than an exception.

When that happens it doesn't normally involve Pagure much, though. And
I don't think even an amazing git forge would actually go a long way to
solving the main issues there.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey