On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 6:59 PM Erich Eickmeyer
<er...@ericheickmeyer.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm Erich, the current project leader of Ubuntu Studio, the
> creativity-oriented flavor of Ubuntu. I've been leading that project for the
> past two years.
>
> In that time, my team and I have taken Ubuntu Studio strides from where it
> was. However, due to some circumstances I will not mention here, we are
> looking for an alternative, and Fedora, with the Fedora Jam lab and with
> CCRMA's attention, seemed to be the perfect place to land. That said, it
> seems as though the Jam lab is dead, so I am here to revive it with mattdm's
> blessing.
>
> We revamped a tool called Ubuntu Studio Controls
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UbuntuStudioControls), which
> makes audio configuration for Jack super simple. We wish to port that tool to
> Fedora, so I, with the help of another, will be working on packaging that,
> possibly naming it Studio Controls or Jam Controls.
>
> I bring with me a team of people, including the primary developer of Ubuntu
> Studio Controls. We intend to make Jam a great project for musicians and
> audio engineers alike. I've been doing audio engineering for nearly 26 years,
> so this is an area that's completely within my wheelhouse.
>
> In order to do the Self-Contained Change Request required, I need to be
> CLA+1, so that's the motivation behind joining the packaging group or
> whatever other group anyone feels is relevant to this project.

Welcome to Fedora! I'm looking forward to seeing the revival of Fedora
Jam. If you need any help, please feel free to reach out!

A good place to start would be to package this new "Jam Controls"
tool. That should be a great starting point to get you to CLA+1.

There's a walkthrough on how to get started with becoming a packager
here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers