On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 14:47, Nicolas Mailhot via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Le samedi 29 février 2020 à 14:28 +0100, clime a écrit :
> >
> > Does ENVR without %{dist} means something with respect to the content
> > from
> > which the package was built or with respect to features that it
> > offers for the given distribution version?
>
> You need to evaluate evr with a neutral dist value to decide to bump or
> not the auto-dynamic part of release or not. Because the whole point of
> the auto-dynamic part of release would be to track rebuilds from the
> same spec, all othert parts of EVR being equal
>
> Changelog-side and package build side you need the full EVR without
> neutralization

Thank you very much Nicolas but you reacted to a question which was
actually unrelated to your proposal. That particular question about
the meaning of ENVR when you strip the distribution tag (i.e. .fc32 or
.el7)  was intended to be generic, i.e. i want to know how if e.g.
python3-alembic-1.1.0-1 has any meaning alone without, for example,
.fc31 appended to it (or if it should have any meaning which is e.g.
not respected these days).

I posted a separate set of questions to understand your proposal which
is very interesting by the way but the description was a bit fuzzy at
some points so I needed more explanation. If you could rather react
there, it would be awesome.

Thank you again
clime