On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 10:56 PM Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 2:36 PM Randy Barlow
> <bowlofe...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/4/20 3:02 PM, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> > > However we do
> > > recognize that it was still nonetheless a decision that was not made
> > > in public, and for that we can only now offer our apologies for this
> > > mistake and learn a hard lesson from it.
> >
> > It's simply not true that this is the only thing that can be done. You
> > can hold off on making a decision, and follow an open process instead.
> >
> > > We do want to let you know that we deeply appreciate the requirements
> > > you have given us and would like to ask you to continue engaging with
> > > us while we are moving through our next steps with GitLab.
> >
> > What would be the goal if the community were to continue to engage with
> > CPE management when it has demonstrated that it does not meaningfully
> > engage with the community?
>
> I agree. Treating this as a fait accompli is not a good idea.

Over a year ago it was decided that Pagure did not meet our mission
statement. The exercise we undertook for all our stakeholders (Fedora is
one) reaffirmed that CPE will not be in a position to support Pagure going
forward outside of pagure.io. This is the next step in that process and the
actual specifics of how that looks on Gitlab is not decided yet and we are
engaging to figure that out with the Council in tandem.

> There's been a trust reducing event. Repairing the damage should
> happen before further actions requiring trust are taken.

I'm happy to have us repair the damage and work towards building an open
and trustful relationship and this mail by Aoife is a good first step in
that in my opinion.

> Flaws have been discovered in the process used to arrive at the
> decision, and therefore it's not clear whether the decision is valid.

Our choice of Forge that CPE will support is valid from the requirements we
received

The mistake has been admitted, and treating it as moot suggests in
> fact nothing has been learned from the mistake.
>

> --
> Chris Murphy

Leigh Griffin

Engineering Manager