On 06. 04. 20 14:08, Till Maas wrote:
The orphaned packages still contain their previous co-maintainers. It
seems to me to make sense to remove them from the packages as well to
clarify who is really maintaining a package. Since the packages were
already in FTBFS for quite some time, there was enough time for a
co-maintainer to step in. In the normal case when a package is orphaned,
then the time for the co-maintainers to take over a package starts.

What do you think?

Pros:

They had plenty of time to respond and haven't. They are not maintaining it, should be removed.

Cons:

They will get 6 more weeks of notifications that the package is going to be
retired.

The current releng script cannot do this (arguably an easyfix, but still a
problem).

If they only care to have access for old branches and/or EPEL, we have no way to recognize that.

--
Miro Hrončok