On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 13:32:19 +0200,
 Bohdan Khomutskyi <bkhom...@redhat.com> wrote:

For optimization of the SquashFS, I will work on requesting the support of the required functionality in the Pungi compose build software.

Note that squashfs-tools 4.4 just went into rawhide a couple of days ago. By default it does reproducible builds and this might affect performance since the files need to be added in a consistent order. This probably increases the wall clock time when creating images. I wouldn't expect it to have much affect on reading data from images, but you might see some changes.