Richard Shaw wrote on Mon, May 18, 2020:
> I checked src.fp.o/settings and even though my key was still valid, it was
> going to expire this month so I went ahead and generated a new api token
> and saved it in the specified location:
> ~/.config/rpkg/fedpkg.conf

I actually hadn't used it yet, so tried just now.
Seems to work for me:

$ fedpkg fork
Fork of the repository has been created:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/martinetd/kernel-tools
$ git remote -v
martinetd
ssh://a...@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/forks/martinetd/rpms/kernel-tools.git (fetch)
martinetd
ssh://a...@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/forks/martinetd/rpms/kernel-tools.git (push)
origin  ssh://martin...@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel-tools (fetch)
origin  ssh://martin...@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel-tools (push)

so to answer your question on the other thread, it operates in place and
adds a remote. Exactly what I would have wanted :)

Regarding your problem, did you add the ACL "Fork a project" on your API
key?
I didn't wait after creating it.

> GRIPE: You can't actually see the whole key in the website even though I'm
> on a 1080p monitor and have a ton of whitespace on either side. So I copied
> and pasted it again. No dice.

I agree on this one. Double-clicking worked though, whole key was in
selection on firefox.

fedora 32 with updates-testing enabled if this matters.

Cheers,
--
Dominique