Dne 06. 06. 20 v 12:52 Andy Mender napsal(a):
> - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package

This is old version of "how to write simple SPEC file". Albeit, still valid.
Several times, I wanted to delete it as we now have:
  https://rpm-packaging-guide.github.io/#hello-world
At the end, I always hesitated as it is always better to have two documentation
rather than none or one.

> - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/
> - https://rpm-packaging-guide.github.io/

These are orthogonal.

Rpm-packaging-guide is intended for people who are new to packaging. It
explains how the packaging works. Not just for
Fedora. Mind people of layered applications - those who are making application
on top of Fedora/RHEL/CentOS or even
Suse/Mandriva. Those application which will never be part of Fedora. And you
have to be carefull about some macros as
they may not exists in the old version of RHEL/CentOS.
On the other hand it touch some topics, which does not need to be handled in
Fedora by package maintainer (VCS, package
signing).

Packaging Guidelines has different audience. It is intended for Fedora
maintainers. It contains best practices and
assumes that you know the basics. It is full of SHOULD or MUST which is
governed by FeSCo or FePCo. This document is
nice inspiration for people who are developing layered application, but at the
same time they can ignore it.
Despite its name it is more "policy" than documentation for newbies.

> ...should be simultaneously reflected in the official docs.

I am very afraid that there is no such thing as "official docs" :) There is
maintained and/or old one. Nothing else. :)

> As someone who just recently started out with packaging and has a fresh view
> on the problem, I would be more than
happy to help out with the docs :).

Here is some starter:
https://github.com/redhat-developer/rpm-packaging-guide/issues
:)

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys