Hi Lukas,

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 19:36 +0200, Lukas Ruzicka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Fedora Workstation with the stock kernel and Gnome Desktop
> for my recording attempts with Ardour. I am using the Focusrite
> Scarlett USB sound card and I can get down to 40ms latency without
> getting any xruns (a couple of releases back, it was an xrun hell). I
> am aware that the 40ms are nothing really good, but since I only do
> some folkie stuff (upto 15 tracks) it is OK for me and I think that
> you can make music on Gnome Desktop.
>
> However, I am totally aware that people like to use what they are
> used to.
>
> Lukas

This is exactly the kind of feedback i'm looking for. Thanks! I do know
that under Plasma and Xfce I've seen < 2ms latency with the right
hardware (PCI cards, primarily). I've been able to push my Behringer
UMC404HD (a USB interface) under 10 before. I have yet to do any formal
testing on GNOME, but I'm glad to read what you wrote. Thanks!

-Erich