Le samedi 04 juillet 2020 à 23:10 -0400, Solomon Peachy a écrit :
>  folks that make very long-lifecycle industrial systems
> meant to run generally ancient software

Those things are not meant to run ancient software. They are meant to
run a very long time. And yes at the end of this time the software is
ancient. That does not mean it is ancient at the start of the system
lifecycle (I’ve seen crazy people building such systems from a Fedora
image, because they knew they would accumulate enough technical debt
during the system lifecycle, without taking the centos debt from the
start up)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot