Le lundi 06 juillet 2020 à 15:33 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann a écrit :
>   Hi,
>
> > > default entry highlighted, a few seconds timeout with countdown.
> > > Both
> > > support editing boot entries.
>
> > Anecdata, but I definitely never (maybe once 15 years ago?) had
> > grub
> > install issue, but plenty of dracut reconfiguration/upgrade
> > failures
> > over the years and the ability to edit the command line has been a
> > life
> > sacver.
>
> See above.  sd-boot allows to edit the kernel command line too.  Same
> hotkey ('e') even.  And unlike the 'l' and 'w' hotkeys that one is
> actually listed if you hit '?' or 'h'.

Given the mess boot input and display are on a lot of systems, any
keypress should pause the boot and display boot options (including
editing the boot CLI).

Otherwise you end up in keypress & display timing hell (not to mention
that non-qwerty users have the additional hurdle of guessing where keys
are mapped, which is why using anything except escape/space and
function keys will break hard in the field).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot