Since this change, all (subsequent) CMake commands (after "%cmake")
MUST be used with the builddir argument ( "-B %{__cmake_builddir}" ).

I use in my packages "cmake -LAH" from time to time, to verify that
all CMake arguments (-D...) were passed and processed correctly, since
the processing logic behind each such argument can be quite
complicated.

Now (with the new CMake behaviour), when you call "cmake -LAH" after
you used the "%cmake", it will create a *new* cache, in the current
(that usually mean source) directory, *with incorrect values* and show
you that values instead of the correct ones (from the correct
builddir).
That was a nice quantum physic problem - since the new incorrect cache
was only created when you wanted to observe it :)
I'd like to anyone after me to not get caught by this (probably
correct, but not intuitive) behaviour.

I'd like to have the "%{__cmake_builddir}" and "%_vpath_builddir" more
visible, than hidden behind "See the Defining source and build
directories for more information".
I was on that page several times but I haven't clicked that link since
I was looking how to *get* the patch of the builddir, instead of
defining it.
I'd submit a PR, but unfortunately no good idea how to reword the
sentence has passed my mind yet.

--

Michal Schorm
Software Engineer