On 11. 09. 20 22:55, Jie Kang wrote:
On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:10 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 10. 09. 20 16:53, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
I think FESCo should completely forbid modules without packaged
non-modular versions.

It did.

Hi,

Can you share the ticket/issue for this restriction with me?

https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2406

Modular-only packages are not allowed and modular versions are only allowed as alternatives to non-modular packages. There is an exception to this rule: if the package does not function in non-modular Fedora (with reasonable amount of work), it is permitted to have it in module only. As an example if non-modular Fedora has dnf 4, and there is module with dnf 5, a package that only works with dnf 5 can remain modular only, until dnf 5 is included in non-modular Fedora. For the time being, such exceptions can be granted by FESCo.

--
Miro Hrončok