Am 30.09.20 um 17:17 schrieb Chris Murphy:

> That suggests the scary region of firmware, hybrid ISO, shim, and boot loader.
>
> The bug reports have the wrong component set on them, and aren't
> discrete actionable bug reports. It's just saying "this doesn't work"
which one do you suggest?
>> An instant reset back into the bios happens if a usb boot is tried.
> Sounds like both a regression and a firmware bug. Maybe we'll be lucky
> and someone on the list has an idea already. But if not, someone with
> the hardware will have to do the tedious work of figuring out exactly
> where it's getting tripped up.

I have one, just how do we do that?

> I have no idea what the LiveCD component is, but the bug report
> contains so little information I also don't know what I'd reassign it
> to. Asking about it on devel is probably the right thing to do for
> now.

Thats because there isn't more to tell .. it resets on try :D  No kernel
message, not error message, only a reset.

Wait, didn't you say shim... there was something a while ago, a bug with
the shim loader or uefi ... "The Grub2 Fix from early august"

But, as F32 doesn't boot too, i doN't think it has the shim in it's image.

Best regards,
Marius