On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 10:50 AM Marius Schwarz <fedora...@cloud-foo.de> wrote:

> Am 03.10.20 um 22:07 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> >
> > No the correct invocation is "dnf reinstall grub2-efi-x64 shim-x64"
> >
> > Suggesting UEFI users install GRUB with grub2-install is asking for a
> > support nightmare, it's untenable.
> >

> Isn't a simple check "are we booted with efi" a working solution to this?

No because grub comes in arch and firmware specific flavors, which are
compile time options. You get one or the other. As amazing as GRUB is
in terms of all the use cases it can support, it's mind numbingly
complicated because of all the use cases it can support. And that's a
reference to upstream. Fedora keeps over 200 patches on top of that,
which have to be updated and tested every time we rebase.

--
Chris Murphy