On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 06:05:20PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 11. 11. 20 v 16:47 David Cantrell napsal(a):
> > * #2475 proposal: let's develop the idea of a new repo for
> >   lightly-maintained packages  (dcantrell, 15:16:41)
>
> For the record - the initial ticket can be found here:
>   https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2475
>
> We already have "lightly-maintained packages" - it is called Copr projects.
> Do we need something in between?

Yeah, because we want those packages to be available as build dependencies.
So coprs are out (unless we allow pulling in coprs into the koji buildroot,
which
I don't think we should.)

Instead of a separate maintained repo, I'd go for a "Requires" or "Provides"
tag on packages instead. This would be easier to implement (packagers could
just add this as any other Requires), and we could easily tweak dnf to emit
a warning or require a special option before those packages were installed on
the end user system.

Zbyszek